Greetings to you in the mighty name of our Lord Jesus Christ from Bugiri here in Eastern region of Uganda in Bugiri District. This is HOPE FOR CHILDREN - UGANDA Children Project which is request friends to Sponsor Orphans, Disable and neglected Children in our Community.
We are found in Bugiri Town Council here in Bugiri District.
Our mailing address is;
HOPE FOR CHILDREN - UGANDA
Project email : firstname.lastname@example.org
We, the founder members of HFC – Uganda after conducting a thorough research in our first operation Districts of Bugiri and Kibuku, we realized that there was increased vulnerability of the Children, Widows, Disabled and communities in general which caused us to decide and start up this Organization in order to address the different forms of vulnerability as anlyzed below;
Increased number of Orphans due to HIV/AIDS scourge - at-least 10 children were identified as Orphans due to HIV/AIDS scourge in each two households in both Kibuku and Bugiri Districts.
Increased number of Orphans due to armed conflicts and wars. At-least 8 children were identified as Orphans in a Village due to armed conflict and wars that is during Alice Lakwena guerila wars against the National Resistance Army (NRA).
Increased number of needy Children due to absolute poverty. At-least four Children were identified in each household in both Districts.
Increased number of Street Children due to HIV/AIDS, Armed conflicts, Wars and Absolute Poverty especially in Bugiri Town Council – Bugiri District and Tirinyi trading Centre in Kibuku District.
Increased vulnerability of Widowsdue to HIV/AIDS, Armed conflicts, Wars and Absolute Poverty. Atleast two (2)Widows in every ten household were as a result of the HIV/AIDS scourge. One and four were identified as respectively.
High vulnerability of the Disabled of almost 35% in each of the two Districts due to lack of a specific Organization to addressing their needs.
Poor sanitation hygien conditions and environmental management and conservation in both Districts.
However, the above analyzed were realized to have being caused by high Poverty levels, Diseases and Ignorance were the major roots causing the above which further caused such identified vulnerable groups’ challenges like:-
1. Failure to meet their basic needs like Shelter, Food Security, Education, medication, good Nutrition and Clothing 2. Failure to support themselves in starting up Community Initiatives like Sanitation and hygien clubs for their good health, Proper Environmental management and Conservation clubs for Sustainable Environmental Development.
4. Failure to identify their rights and legal protection as Vulnerable groups.
In order to address the above forms of Vulnerbilities, problems and challenges which were identified during the research as facing Orphans and Other VUlnewrable Groups (OVCs) and Communities in general in our first Districts of operation (Bugiri and Kibuku), HFC – Uganda activities shall for that matter be serving under a mult-purpose approach ie , shall address education support, Social – economic security support, health, Environmental, Rights and legal Protection support and Vocational skills and talent development issues in bid to capture the following needs of OVC, Widows, Disabled and Communities in general in order to achieve the set objectives, Mission and Vision of the Organization as below:-
• Provision of Educational and Nutritional Support for Orphans due to HIV/AIDS, Armed Conflicts, Wars and Needy Children due to Absolute Poverty in their Households.
• Provision of Social – Economic support to households of such Children by supporting them in starting up income generating Projects, like Piggery, Poultry keeping, Goat Rearing etc and training them in proper Project management.
• Supporting them in Community Initiatives like Hygien and Sanitation clubs, HIV/AIDS club for Promotion of their good health, Prevention of HIV/AIDS and training them in Proper Environmental Management and Conservation skills for sustainable Development.
• Supporting Widows and the Disabled in Vocational skills and talent development Project.
• Lastly, advocacy for the rights and Legal Protection support of the Vulnerable Groups ie the Children, Widows, Elderly and the Disabled.
ARTICLE ONE: THE NAME OF THE ORGANISATION
1.1 The name of the organization shall be Hope for children-Uganda [HFC - UGANDA], hereinafter called the Association.
1.2 The organization shall be recognized as a Local NGO and shall be; non- political, non -profit making, non-sectarian and non discrimination.
To empower the Orphans and Other Vulnerable Children, their households and other Needy Persons ie the Widows and the Disabled in responding to their Identified Problems of Poverty, Diseases and Igfnorance which has caused them challenges like failure to provide for themselves their basic needs and any other form of Vulnerbilty through providing them with both Educational and Nutritional Support, Social – Economic support in bid to creating Capacity for their self reliance and sustainable livelihood.
Having the Orphans and Other Vulnerable Children, their households and Other Needy Persons ie the Widows and the Disabled empowered and self reliant in as addressing their identified challenges of providing for themselves their basic needs and any other form of Vulnerbility as caused by their identified Problems of Poverty, Diseases and Ignorance is concerned.